Wednesday, November 26, 2008

Morgan said to...

Today I was telling Morgan some funny things that Eli does nearly every day and he said that I needed to blog about it. Apparently he thinks my blogs are boring and he liked these stories. Just kidding.

Anyway, apparently I am always putting Eli off by referring to Morgan. If something is broken I'll tell Eli that we need to wait till Morgan is home and "Ask Daddy to fix it." So it seems like if anything is going on and I am saying no, or hesitating, or if something is not working Eli always says, Ask Daddy? And usually he's right, we'll wait 'till Morgan is home and then figure it out.

The second thing is that Eli often tells me to do something "Like Daddy does." I'll be getting his socks on in the morning and he'll say, "No, Like Daddy Does." Meaning that I need to scoot back and pretend that the sock is a car. But nearly everything we need to do it, "Like Daddy does."

But while Eli tells me to do things like daddy does, he is always trying to imitate me. He pretends to feed his doll Lucy breastmilk, he wants to use my lotion, puts my headbands on his head and today while I was shopping for a new clothes he wanted to try them on too. Ahh, imitation is the best form of flattery.

3 comments:

Hartson family said...

Imitation sure is the best form of flattery. It's so fun to have little ones and watch them copy you and Dad. As for Ask Dad to fix it when he gets home... we do that too.

Stephanie said...

We always ask ourselves..."how would Morgan do it"? And then go with that answer.

Anonymous said...

My mom would always write down the funny things we'd say on scraps of paper when we were kids. It's so fun to have a record of them as adults. Eli will love it too.