Wednesday, November 26, 2008

Happy Birthday Morgan!

Morgan's birthday was Saturday and I never got around to blogging about it until now. I have pictures on my camera, but I am going to write without them because if I wait it will take another week.

Morgan celebrated his birthday at work on Friday - their policy is that the birthday person has to bring treats in. So I made a pineapple/cherry cobbler and a pineapple/blackberry cobbler for him to take in.

We didn't have a party on Saturday because it was our Stake Temple day and we decided to go down. We were a little slow getting started because Morgan thought I was awake and I was waiting for him to come get me after his shower...But we left before 8am, picked up Charity, who was carpooling with us and started the 3 hour drive to Nauvoo.

We let Charity go in first while we took care of the boys and then after she was done she watched both Eli and Josh for us so we could go in together. We were a little worried about when Josh would wake up and be hungry so we decided to forgo an endowment session and did sealings instead. It was very nice, we saw a lot of people we knew from our temple working days and also saw several people from our ward, too. Unfortunately we missed Morgan's sister who was in the temple at the same time, but none of us knew it. We made the long drive home and checked the BYU v Utah scores, sad to see BYU lost.

Sunday was the big birthday party. I didn't want to wait so as soon as we were all up I wrapped Morgan's presents and had him open them. We got him a zip up sweater to take to work (it gets cold in his office and he doesn't want to wear his suit coat). And I also got him the DVD The Secret of Nymh. He really likes the book and I saw the DVD on sale at Walmart and had to get it for him.

That's all for this post, more news to come later if I have the time.

2 comments:

Cheyenne said...

Happy Birthday Morgan!! It sounds like a great day at the temple! Did you celebrate later?
You asked about the book I gave Hayden, it's the 4th book in the series Rangers Apprentice. He really likes them, he read this one in 2 days :)
Thanks for the ideas with potty training. I'm pretty sure she's ready she keeps telling me when she is "dirty" and she likes to sit on the toilet. So here we go!

Anonymous said...

We watched the Secret of Nymh all the time as a kid. I can't remember what it was about at all, but you'll have to tell me if it's still good as an adult.