Tuesday, November 4, 2008

Crazy

Do you ever have one of those days when you think you are going crazy and you are going to be the crazy mom on the evening news. That was me this afternoon. I don't think I'll make the news tonight, though...apparently something big is happening nationally.
Anyway, this week we've started putting Eli in underwear when we are at home. Thomas the train underwear for toilet training. Very cool. Josh didn't eat very well earlier today so around 2:30 he was acting hungry and I was more than happy to feed him. Two minutes into it and he starts wailing (I am assuming because of bubbles). For the next hour he is screaming bloody murder, giving occasional burps and absolutely refusing to eat. About 10 or 15 minutes into this I decide that I am in no mood to help Eli if he has any accidents so trade him from underwear back to a diaper. (I've got to try to keep my sanity, right?).
45 minutes into the screaming (and of course Eli is acting up too) I decide that I need a break or I really just might snap. So I put Josh in his bassinet in my bedroom and told Eli to play in his bedroom for a little while. I pulled out my computer and was going to try and find some sort of discussion group to tell that I was going crazy but there was an interesting article on baby slings which I read instead.
I let my two boys come out of their rooms, Josh was still crying strong, and I knew that he had to be exhausted, but that he needed to eat too. I had some frozen breastmilk in the freezer which I warmed up and stuck in a bottle. To my absolute amazement, but it made me OH SO HAPPY) Josh after a few moments took the bottle and drank it all. Now he is sleeping soundly in the crib...I forgot to say, I am trying to have him sleep in the crib now too.
Normally I would never write a post like this. Admit that I am one of those moms who seriously think about going crazy! But it has been too hard of a day to not try and get some sympathy from somebody.
The worst part about these crazy days is that it makes me not want to do anything...just sit in a dark quite place. But now things are looking up I am actually looking forward to going to Enrichment tonight (which I was considering skipping) and I am now going to start cleaning up my house. Because let's face it. I actually DO feel better with a clean house.

5 comments:

bethellen said...

I'm sorry your day has been so rough. I don't know what else to say. Sorry. Anything I can do to help?

Jessica Sorensen said...

At least you aren't really a crazy mom and you have enough sense to take a break. To make you feel better I felt like a crazy mom yesterday. When we went to pick up Jared and he suggested that we go to the mall to find him shoes to go with his suit I just about snapped his head off and told him we were going home and he was staying with the baby while I went somewhere.

Melinda said...

Those days are the worst! Believe me, every mother has had them. I've certainly had plenty of my own. Sometimes I think my kids are lucky to survive the day. Hope you enjoyed enrichment and had a little breather.

Hartson family said...

Oh boy, do I know how you feel. Looks like you're holding up well though. I'd love to take Eli if you ever need some quiet time. Josh too if your willing. It would let me get my baby fix. Or maybe we could leave them all and just go get a shake or something.

Lynda said...

There will come a day, and I promise to you that it will happen, that you will look back fondly on this time. You won't remember the day that Josh screamed for no apparent reason other than he didn't like your mothering skills. That Thomas the Train underwear couldn't even coax Eli into potting training mode. You will remember the coo's and first smiles and the first dry morning. Hang in there it does get better.