Monday, November 17, 2008

Good Movies, Bad Movies

Morgan and I have watch some good movies and some not so good movies lately. Start with the bad. I borrowed The Other Boleyn Girl from the Waterloo library, I was excited to see it because I remember a lot of people talking about it when it first came out. (I had also read the book and found it...interesting-in a weird way.) Anyway, the movie was terrible. It was just depressing and didn't really live up to the book (which takes place over about 20 years) the movie looks like it could have happened in a 2 year time span. Definitely not a movie that I want to own.

Now for the Good. I also borrowed The Spiderwick Chronicles from the library and we both really enjoyed it. It was fun, 'fantastical', and surprisingly funny. I loved the ending! First with the question to the ogre and then the hobgoblin doing his thing. There aren't many better things than that!
We have seen several films lately where it seems a child is transformed into a magical land and this one was the best of them.

We've also been watching season 2 of The Office and really enjoyed it. We are going to pool our allowance money together and buy Season 3. Hoo-rah!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I've been wanting to see The Other Boleyn Girl so thanks for taking that off my list! I also liked Spiderwick Chronicles, but it's not very similar to the book with always bugs me especially when I REALLY like the book. Check it out sometime it's an extremely quick ready and worth it!