Wednesday, November 5, 2008

IT'S OVER! HORRAY!

I am so glad that this election season is finally over. Living in Iowa it has seemed to last even longer (since we have to deal with the primaries). I had a really difficult time choosing who to vote for. I liked McCain during the primary season - mostly his immigration plan (let people stay - path to citizenship). But once he got the nomination he started talking about building the wall. I thought his international ideas were terrible, if we don't talk to people we can't fix problems. And then his choice of Palin really bothered me once I thought about it more. She seems like a nice person, but I did not like the thought of her being President (I know she was running for VP - but stuff happens.)
I respect Obama, I like many of his ideas (especially on diplomacy). I had actually decided to vote for him but Monday night I realized that even though I had made my decision, I didn't feel any peace about it and still felt that I should be researching the opposing platforms.
So I decided that since I didn't feel peace about it I was just going to vote for McCain (I didn't really think he would win, nor am I sure I wanted him too.) So, that was my voting experience. I am looking forward to see how Obama's Presidency goes, and I wish him well. I think that he has the capacity to be a great President.

2 comments:

Hartson family said...

I agree... And my choice was also a confusing ride altogether. All in all I think Obama has great potential. Let's keep him in our prayers as he leads the country.

Caity said...

Oh man! It was horrible! I really didn't like McCain, but in the end I voted for him too. I didn't think he had a chance, and there is a part of me that is very happy I was right. It'll be so interesting to see how the next four years go.