Thursday, November 6, 2008

The Fire Station

Several women in my ward have a preschool they run and sometimes when they have 'field trips' they will invite others of us whose kids are a little younger but would still enjoy the activity. Today they had a tour of the Waterloo Fire Station and invited Eli, Josh and I to attend. We had a great time, Eli was the first to follow Fire Fighter Brian everywhere. He wanted to be in on the action.
One of the things the fire fighters kept seemed to be trying to get across to the kids is that Fire Fighters are not scary - especially when they are fully dressed in their uniform. While I believe this in principle, I can imagine that if my house was on fire, dark and smoke-y and then a fire fighter burst into my bedroom in full dress, I would be a little scared myself.
(The fire men introduced themselves as Fire Fighter Brian and Fire Fighter JD. So that is what I am calling them.)

Below are some pictures of our fun day.

First - Eli by the fire truck. Eli and friends.
Checking out the pole. (Fire Fighter JD showed the kids how to slide down it...twice!)
Carly showing Eli the lights on the fire truck.
Eli and Fire Fighter JD.

2 comments:

Hartson family said...

Hooray! What a great trip. Ian and Carley had a great time. I'm so glad you were able to tag along. It seemed like Eli really enjoyed himself!

Matthew and Alisha Palmer Family said...

Hey! We haven't checked blogs in ages, but your kids are so adorable! Josh is SO CUTE! I love the tadpole costume. Sounds like you are busy and having fun. I'll have to call sometime soon and get more caught up.