Wednesday, March 31, 2010

Catch-Up

I got my haircut. Yes, I'm trying to grow it out, but the bottom was much longer than the top and I was feeling on the brink of mullet-ness. So in order to stop that before I was ashamed to go into public I got Lindsay to cut my hair. Now I can let it grow, grow grow, let it grow.


My sister-in-law is getting married! Horray! Beth and Wade got engaged last weekend when they were here for Jim's 23rd annual 39th birthday party. We are so excited for them, and can't wait until July 10th when they will be sealed in the Nauvoo Temple.


Morgan got a fish in his bum. Yeah, I said it. So Morgan was supposed to dictate this story to me, but I always forget to update the website when he is home, or generally for that matter, so here is the story as I remember it.

Last Saturday Morgan and his brother Gordon went to a park in Ottumwa to go find discs in the pond. They had their 'swimming' clothes and found about 20 discs or so. Once they got out of the pond, Morgan put his pants on over his shorts, the went to the van and sat on the towels to start the drive home.
Ten minutes into the drive Morgan feels something wiggling at his backside, reaches behind him and pulls out a fish that flops on to the dashboard. Gordon grabbed the fish and put it in a bucket in the back to bring it home and tell the beautiful story to us.
(Look to the comments, Morgan will probably fix the story when he reads this.)

Yes, this is the fish. It died shortly after this picture was taken.

And finally, sweet Eli. I have stopped trying to get Eli to take a nap for a couple of months now. It was hit or miss, and I would be frustrated when he wouldn't sleep because he would keep coming out and bothering me. So we are all happier letting him stay awake. Not to mention he goes to bed so much better!
However, the other day he was just too tired. He got hurt or something, and had to lie down on the pillows with his blanket. I was checking the computer and by the time I was done he had fallen asleep. He stayed asleep even after Josh woke up and was playing all around him in the living room. Crazy kids!

6 comments:

Stephanie said...

You know that part in Finding Nemo where Gill jumps on Darla's head and she screams "Fish in my hair! Fish in my hair!"? Now I'll forever think "Fish up my butt! Fish up my butt!"

Jamie Ortega said...

Cute Hair! I cant wait to cut mine. I cant believe we missed Jim's birthday party and all the home made ice cream. Sad day. Very funny fish story even though Morgan dosent look real happy. and I know exactly how you feel about Eli and naps. We are in a similar situation. Good luck with the house process.

Anonymous said...

Steph,

It was not up my butt - - just in my butt. You know . . . the top of the crack!

Morgan

Cheyenne said...

How fun to grow out your hair! It looks cute with the new cut! The fish story is ...crazy! And a little gross for us nonfish lovers.. :) Hallie is starting the same thing, trying not to nap. It's definitely a rough transition. :)

Amber said...

Now there's a fish story I've never heard! Pretty crazy.

Rachelle said...

I laughed and laughed! Great story!