Saturday, March 13, 2010

Day at Nauvoo

Today Morgan and I got to go to Nauvoo without the kids. They stayed with Grandma and Grandpa, and it was nice to be able to drive down there by ourselves and not have to worry about time, and not abusing the babysitters, etc.
We didn't have a set plan, but knew we wanted to do an endowment session. We were there too late to go to the 10am so we did sealings first and then got on stand-by for the 11am session. They said we were good to go, we went and sat in the chapel and then we were asked to be the witness couple. Kind of funny how things work out. That is the third time, in a row, that we've done an endowment session and asked to be the witness couple. I enjoy it because I am able to focus a little bit better, and things just seem different.
I love the temple. I miss that we don't get to go there every week like we did before we had kids. I told Morgan that I would love to plan a day at the temple, do all of the ordinances that we can. There were some people in our session who were going to go on the 1pm session right after. I think they're crazy, stop for lunch man! Anyway, we had a wonderful day.

4 comments:

Stephanie said...

Don't you also miss the incredible company you had when you went to the temple every week? I'm feeling slighted. :)

Megan said...

Wow. That sounds like heaven! You are so lucky to be able to go there like that...and to have babysitters! :)

Morgan Lasley said...

We really do miss the Dix family as traveling and templing companions. And Steph, we went to Chuong Garden for lunch.

Cheyenne said...

It's so nice that you live so close to the Nauvoo temple! It is one of my favorites :) Miss you guys!