Friday, March 5, 2010

Anger

Today I am working on not being angry. It started at 6:00am when Eli woke up complaining of his foot hurting (it was probably asleep). I sang to him, rubbed his foot etc. He had, of course, already woken up Joshua who was crying also. I sing to them again, Josh is ready to go back to sleep and Eli just won't stop crying. I am Mad! I hate it when they get up so early, ironically because I can't read my scriptures.

So I tell Eli to go to my room, and I try to put Josh back down. Josh eventually quiets, Eli rests on my bed and I pray and ask Father to help me not be angry and to be able to read my scriptures and learn from them.

The morning is going well after that, I'm trying to keep positive even though Josh is obviously tired. By the way it isn't even 9:00am yet. Anyway, its time for me to go downstairs to shower. We're not going to be down long, and I don't want the boys watching too much TV so I tell them just to play.

I have a wonderful HOT shower (something I appreciate since our water heater was broken this last weekend.) I'm feeling great. I come out of the shower and Josh hands me something. It is a Kidney Bean. I realize that once more they have taken things of the food storage shelf and have at least broken open 1 bag of beans. I am MAD. I go out, find beans, and lentils and noodles all over the floor. I make the boys go sit on the carpet while I try to put cans and bags back and figure out which ones are broken.

I'm starting to calm down a little since I know I'm being angry and it is unfair and unkind to the boys. So I decide to come to vent on the computer, and little Joshua starts picking up the kidney beans and bringing them to me. How cute is that. All of my anger goes away at this little boy trying to clean up and make his mama happy.

So I'm alright now. I haven't cleaned up the mess yet, but I am working on not being angry and being a good mother to my boys.

3 comments:

Melinda said...

Don't worry, we all have days like that. I hope your day gets better.

Jamie Ortega said...

My anger day was yesterday, it makes me feel so much better to hear you said a prayer to help you be a better mom. If only everyone else knew how much a little prayer could do. You have sweet kids that love you so much even though it can sometimes feel like their main goal is to drive you crazy. Good luck, I hope you have a better day.

PetEm said...

I was putting groceries away just now and Henry took a chunk out of two apples even though they are still in the bag! I was mad, yelled at him that they were nice apples that I had just bought and came to my room for a time out and read this. Good to know I'm not the only one. :)