Friday, March 19, 2010

Missing Home


Today has been one of "those " days. A day when nothing seems to go right, or according to plan. I get upset much to quickly with the boys, loose all motivation to get anything done, frustrated at myself for not getting anything done. And so today I miss my Mom.

I don't really consider Utah to be home, Iowa is my home now and will be probably for the rest of my life. But when I'm having a bad day I just want to go back to my parents house and forget about being an adult and let them take care of me.

I'll be alright. Even while writing this I've started to feel better. Along with Eli asking me if I'm doing better, you just can't be too upset when your kids tell you they "love you and forgive you the truth."

4 comments:

cherie said...

It would be nice if you could just pop in on days when you felt like it. : )

Your boys are sure cute

Cheyenne said...

Sorry it was one of those days :( They are definitely not very fun. I know Iowa is your home now,...but we would sure welcome you back to Utah ;) ;)

Jolley's said...

Oh melissa, I understand. Next time you feel like that I will come over and play with your kids and you can at least take a nap. It will only take 2 min to walk there. I foget I am so close.

Hartson family said...

Oh, if only I could count the number of these days I've had. There are certainly days I want my mommy! Please know your friends are here for you on those days- and others too.