Monday, January 18, 2010

More Reviews


The Express - Ernie Davis becomes the first African-American to win the Heisman Trophy. This movie was really great. It was fun to watch someone be the first, and in such an amazing way. Although this movie is rated PG I wouldn't watch it with too young of kids because there is a lot of violence on the football field.


CLOUDY WITH A CHANCE OF MEATBALLS: We loved this movie. Eli has asked to watch it 3x in the short while we've had it (I've let him watch it twice). I know it is based off a book, but I have not read that so I don't know how it compares. Also, it had a lot of funny little things for the adults to catch, plus lots of funny stuff for everyone. Definitely a family film.


Duplicity is a corporate spy movie. I thought it was going to be something like Mr. and Mrs. Smith based on the back cover, but it was...not. I'm not sure it was better, or worse, just different. This is more in drama/comedy rather than comedy/drama. The best part about this movie is that it is never what you expect it to be. The ending, was a lot more fun than I thought it would be, that is all that I am going to say about it.

2 comments:

Caity said...

I've been wondering about The Express. I guess now I know!

bethellen said...

I love "Cloudy with a Chance of Meatballs". I loved the book (we read it all the time when we were little). The book and the movie are really different, but I still love them both.
Have you seen UP? I just saw it yesterday with my friend Sarah and absolutely adored it. It is so good! I cried, but it is still wonderful. You should watch it!