Monday, November 16, 2009

I love to Exercise!

If you would have asked me even 6 months ago if I would ever write that I love to exercise I would have told you that you were crazy. I am Melissa, the least exercising person I know. I hate that exercising makes me all out of breath, sweaty and worst of all red in the face.

Now I don't mind getting out of breath or sweaty (after all that means what I am doing is working) as for being red in the face, I just don't look in the mirror and Eli and Josh never say anything about it.

The reason that I love to exercise now, is that I am seeing results! HORRAY! I haven't lost too much since I started really exercising every day, but today I got to a new low (I'm not telling you, I'm not that brave yet.) I think the last time I was at this weight was while I was nursing Eli and had to have no icecream, cheese, milk, happiness, etc. Once I got back on dairy I gained a bit of weight.

Anyway, the funny thing is that I recently purchased an exercise video after trying it out from the library. Its called Walk Away the Pounds. I would have described it as a video my mom would use, a bunch of ladies in matching colored shirts walking, doing knee lifts, etc. EXCEPT when my mom came to visit she brought her video which is some crazy Turbo Jam, hip-hop dance/kick thing that I couldn't keep up with for the life of me. So my video is what one might consider old lady-ish (mom, you're not an old lady!) while my mom's video is hip-hop cool. Go figure.

3 comments:

Jamie Ortega said...

I am so glade you have learned to love exercising. Even better then that, I am glad you are seeing results!

Stephanie said...

Yay for you. Maybe one day in the distant future, I will turn that leaf over and love exercising. But I'm not there yet. Good on you!

Amber said...

Got a good laugh out of your happiness line. :)