Monday, November 16, 2009

Eli's Stories

Eli is a funny boy, very imaginative. This is what he told me today during snack time.

Eli: Mom, watch. "Mamma Mia." Mom, when I get older I'm going to get a new house after I get my guitars. And I'm going to ask my wife if I can watch the Mamma Mia movie and she'll say Yes you can watch while I make dinner.
Then I'll put the movie into the TV and I'll push the right button. And the movie will say Mamma Mia, and then I'll say Mamma Mia too!
Mom, does Jamie have the Mamma Mia movie?

Me: Yes, I think she does.

Eli: Oh. Mom, is Jamie my wife?

Me: No, Jamie's not your wife, she's your friend.

Eli: Well, then who's my wife?

Me: You don't have one yet, you have to go on a mission first.

Eli: Oh. Okay.


For the record, Eli has heard the Mamma Mia music less than 10 times, has only seen the movie once or twice but apparently it has made an impression on him. Jamie does have the movie, and her two girls (Eli's friends) both love it, so I guess it has worn off on him too.

1 comment:

jej said...

And all 10 of those times might have been at my house! :) Or when he's hung out with Addy. So cute!! :)