Wednesday, November 11, 2009

An Extra Long Vacation Post

I was very lucky to have my Mom, sister Cheyenne, and niece Hallie come visit us this last week.
We had a great time. My mom brought caramel and chocolate to teach me how to make Turtles and Bavarian Mints. I'm not quite done with the mints yet, maybe I'll finish them Saturday when Morgan can take the boys! :)

She also brought some of the papers she had saved from when I was in school, it was fun to read the things I had written, especially some of the class journals...every SINGLE entry had some mention of breakfast, and/or food. We were laughing so hard we were crying a I read them.

Here are some pictures of our week with little descriptions of them.

Joshua using Cheyenne's baby monitor as a phone.

My mom showing Eli her scriptures on her phone-thingy.

She had games on it too, and all the kids had to get in on the action. After scriptures each night we would let Eli play a little game on Grandma's cool toy.

Morgan asked Eli if he could use his (Eli's) blanket. Eli said, no, and then he ran into our bedroom, pulled the blanket off our bed and brought it to Morgan. I see him coming into the living room with the blanket and am about to get after him when I remember the conversation that E had just had with Morgan and I couldn't help but laugh.

Here's Eli's "Friends" Hallie and Cheyenne.

Grandma and the new blanket she made for Josh.

Eli playing with Grandma.

Their tickling each other.

Playing at the park.

Josh and Grandma

Sharing the shovels

Josh getting ready to go down the slide.

Down the slide

More digging

Eli swinging

Josh swinging

Eli and Hallie

Looking down at the water.

So cute!

I made a Key Lime Pie. yeah baby!
(Although next time I would double the filling, and half the meringue.)

Josh getting into the cupboards...literally.

Eli and Grandma

Cute cousins

Me and my mom

Josh and Grandma


THANKS FOR COMING MOM!

2 comments:

Cheyenne said...

We had a great time, thanks for letting us come! Cute pictures!

Matthew and Alisha Palmer Family said...

Such great pictures! The kids are growing up so fast and look so cute! I also can't get over how much you, Cheyenne and your mom look alike! What a fun trip--I'm jealous!