Sunday, November 22, 2009

Disaster

Last night Morgan went downstairs and happened to look in one of our giant tupperware box-things to look for something. These were really big containers, probably four feet by 2 feet. What he found was a disaster. The bottom of the container had holes in it and had sucked up water from when our basement flooded 6 months ago. Tons of the books and who knows what else was all moldy and had to be thrown out.
I lost a bunch of craft things I had done, high school & college papers, some books we had stored there. Some of the worst things that had to be thrown out were some of my high school year books. My sophmore and junior year books were okay. But the thing that probably tore my heart the most were my Grandma's cookbooks. Before my Grandma died my mom gathered all of her recipe's and those of her children and compiled them all into a big cookbook. I had gotten 4 extras to be able to give to my children and when Morgan pulled them out of the box they were just covered in mildew and mold. Luckily 2 of them are okay so I've still got some.

Overall I think I'm doing okay. I knew I had to throw the things out...you can't keep moldy things, its bad mojo. Also Morgan cleaned it out so I didn't have to see each thing that I was loosing.
Crazy, crazy.

2 comments:

cherie said...

I'm so sorry Melissa : (

Morgan Lasley said...

Does your Mom have a pdf of that cookbook?