Tuesday, February 3, 2009

Sick HAPPY Boy

So, I know I posted about potty training, that isn't happening any more. I would like to, but Eli has been sick since Thursday night and I'm not going to deal with messes coming out of both ends, if you know what I mean.

Eli threw up Thursday night before bed, then about 3 times during the night. Friday threw up once in the morning then he lazed around the house, hanging on to his blanket. We skipped a party that night because we didn't want to contaminate anyone else. And since Friday night he has been waking up between 2:30am - 3:30 am and throwing up once.

Morgan stayed home with Eli on Sunday. Eli was not happy about missing church at all. He was crying saying, no sick, no sick. I need my shoes. Go to church, wear Sunday shirt. It was nice to see that he likes church so much, but sad that we had to keep him home. He and Morgan had a blast, playing war, greed, dominoes, reading books. Eli had all the energy in the world.

Eli playing dominoes.

This was my Sunday night.
1:45am - Josh wakes up crying, I try to feed him, he's not really interested and goes back to sleep.
2:30am - I hear Eli cough and then throw up so I go clean him up.
3:30am - Josh wakes up again, I try to feed him, no luck.
4:00am - Eli's crying, he thinks it is morning and wants to get out of bed. I sing him I am a Child of God and he goes back to bed.
6:30am - Morgan' alarm goes off
7:00am - Josh wakes up for real and finally eats
7:30am - Eli is awake and ready to go.


Needless to say yesterday was a really hard day for me. Monday and today Eli was just full of energy. We've called the doctor and they think it is just a stomach flu and we just have to wait for it to take its course. I am not going to keep Eli home from anything more though...the nurse said as long as he doesn't have a fever he shouldn't be contagious. He's got the energy to do anything, and I need to let him burn it off.


On a new topic, I admit that I never thought I would be a mom to let my kids run around without clothes on. Now I realize that there is no LET about it. Once kids figure out how to take off their clothes they will if they want to. After I took the following pictures Eli took all of his clothes off (thankfully he kept the diaper on.)



Now for the update on Josh. He is almost 5 months old and sometimes he drives me nuts. Mostly it is because he isn't eating as long as he used to and I am worried about him. Today he is doing better though, so I am not going to follow through on my threat of switching him to a bottle. But he is awfully cute!

4 comments:

bethellen said...

I'm sorry it's been so rough for you. Hopefully the little guys are better by now and that life is a little easier. If there is anything that I can do you help you, let me know. I love you!

Hartson family said...

I love the pic of the boys on the floor. Sleepless mom nights are awful, really awful. Let me know if I can ever steal the boys away so you can score a real nap in the daytime. It would sure be fun for us. Eli is such a great buddy to have around and who doesn't love little Josh's smile?

Caity said...

Tanner was sick the same day! Yuck! It is NOT fun! Cute boys though.

Melissa Lasley said...

hun jdfmkfrkrm;pp; el.lf

Eli