Tuesday, February 17, 2009

New Calling

I am the new Waterloo Ward Young Women's Camp Director! Crazy, eh?

I am very excited for this calling. I always enjoyed girls camp and I am looking forward to the experience. I am a little nervous...I will have to take Josh with me (he'll be 8 months and still nursing). But a good friend took her baby with her when she was stake camp director so I am looking forward to getting a lot of tips.
The stake is having a meeting in a couple of weeks to talk about camp and the Young Women's President is going to get me some of the other camp stuff. Woo-Hoo.

(Sorry this post is short and probably confusing, I am on my way to book club and really late :). )

5 comments:

Megan said...

That is going to be so fun! Yaaay! I can't wait to hear (read) more about it!

Mom of 5 Gents said...

You are going to be amazing in your new calling!! And we're all ready to help and support you in whatever way you need. :)

Hugs,
Connie

Matthew and Alisha Palmer Family said...

I am impressed by your positive attitude. If I got called as camp director I would cry! :) In fact, when I got called into YW, my first question was, "do I have to go to camp?" And yes, I did. I was not pretty. I know you will be great though. You have 20 years of Big Springs experience working for you!

Melinda said...

Wow, good luck with that one. I remember being in Young Womens' and dreaming of the day when I could go as camp leader. Now it's kinda one of those things I hope doesn't happen. I'm sure it will be alot of fun and you'll do great!

Sam and Amber said...

That's always been my dream calling....until I think of all the work involved! Good luck! One of my leaders had her almost new born with her and did great. You'll be great!

Amber