Wednesday, February 18, 2009

Absence makes the Heart Grow Fonder

I don't believe the above sentence is true unequivocally. However, lately Eli has been playing somewhat on his own. Generally in the same room as me, but doing his own thing and not requiring my constant attention.
Not having him always tugging on me and wanting me to do this or that makes me want to spend more time with him and just lets me love him. Just seeing my sweet little boy quietly playing with his train makes me love him all the more. I am so thankful to be Mommy to Eli and Josh. Even though days (like today) can be a little crazy, there is just something so special about motherhood and children that I can't help but be grateful.

1 comment:

Jamie Ortega said...

I completely agree with you! The days Isaac entertains himself I am usually much more appreciative of him and great full that I get to stay home with my children.