Sunday, July 12, 2009

More

THE LITTLE MERMAIN II: RETURN TO THE SEA
This film was really simple. The basic story can be told is 5-6 sentences. The songs were okay, obviously nowhere near as good as the first one. It was nice to have the mermaid wearing a top, but Ariel was still immodest. The funny aspect of it was how Ariel was just like her Dad. They had a scene with Sebastion that mirrored the previous film. I would buy this movie someday only if I had girls.





BABY MAMA
As Morgan and I were watching this film I commented to him that it was like M. Night Shyamalan's "The Village." How you ask? Many people went to The Village expecting a crazy scary movie about Those-We-Do-Not-Speak-Of. Instead they got a drama/romance with a few scary scenes.
Baby Mama, is a comedy, and it is funny, but the previews really showed most of the funny parts and there was a lot more drama and storytelling going on in the show. It was easy to guess the surprise ending, and being about pregnancy and childbirth there were definitely things that I wouldn't want a younger child watching/hearing about. It was an okay movie. Not one I'm going to buy, though.


KIT KITTEREDGE: AN AMERICAN GIRL
This was a really good children's movie. I wasn't expecting it to be very good (even though I knew it had Abigail Breslin in it.) Instead I was pleased to watch a good movie, good story and great actors. Along with Abigail it had: Julia Ormond, Chris O'Donnell, Joan Cusak, Mr. Inconceivable from Princess Bride - plus more. I don't really know the others' names, but have seen them in other movies. Anyway, my point it this was a great cast to go with this movie. I'm glad the American Girl series made the movie right. Pay good actors and do more than just a TV special.
The movie is also more like older movies, in that it doesn't just have action, action, action. There is plot, and storytelling. Its a good one, I would recommend it.

No comments: