Wednesday, July 22, 2009

I'm In Utah

That's right, I am in Utah right now. I am here for my brother's wedding. My youngest brother and the last in our family to get married. That just seems so crazy! The wedding is tomorrow and I am pretty excited about it.

Driving to the airport was quite a story. We loaded up Monday night to go to Ames and spend the night there before my 6am flight from Des Moines. We go about halfway and I realize that I don't have my wallet...no ID, no money, no Temple recommend. So we go back home and pick it up. Then I have Morgan drive to Ames.

We get there after 9pm and set up for bed. I don't think we actually got into bed until 10:30pm and then Morgan and I had to get up at 2:30am. I was watching the clock from 12:30am on just looking and not being able to sleep.

We get up, get Josh ready and go. Morgan printed directions to the Des Moines Airport from Google Maps. We were a little concerned when the city signs said to take Exit 7 for the airport instead of Exit 4. But we decided to follow GoogleMaps.

Technically GoogleMaps did get us to the airpot. It was just across a big fence with barbed-wire. It was crazy. They had us going on a gravel road through deer infested woods. Not exactly a bad thing, but there was no terminal in sight. So we drove around until we actually found it, and leaving so early it wasn't a problem about getting to my flight. In fact I was there before they opened the gates to be able to go through security.

As for the flight to Salt Lake City, I didn't have any layovers which was WONDERFUL. And the flight was not full so they gave me a seat for Josh. We were on the very last row of the plane, so we didn't have a window, but I was able to load the plane early and the flight attendent helped me with my bags and then I was the last one off.

All in all, it was good. I just hope the return trip will be as good too!

1 comment:

Stephanie Green said...

Good thing you started off the night before! Isn't flying with two kids so much fun? I just did my last flight by myself with two kids this month. Flying with three is out of the question without Freeman!