Monday, January 5, 2009

New Year News

Eli playing with a bucket. I have a picture with Morgan wearing the "hat" too, but decided to spare him the embarrassment.
Josh with Estel and Doris his third cousins (I think). They are sort of like another set of grandparents for Morgan.
Eli and Josh in the tub together.


I decided to let the boys take a bath together, or at least at the same time. We don't do it every time but I think that Eli really seems to enjoy it and Josh just likes to get clean. It takes a little more preparation and I leave Eli in the tub while I'm getting Josh dressed but so far, so good.

Other news, we had a great time with Morgan's parents for New Years. We decided to come home Saturday, thinking it would make Sunday easier for us (Henry was blessed Sunday in Ames.) Unfortunately Saturday night Waterloo and the surrounding roads were completely covered in ice. The news-people said it was suggested no one travel in highway 20 and Cedar Rapids police said not to travel unless it was an emergency. Dubuque had had 50 - 100 accidents already and it wasn't even 6am when we were checking everything. So add the weather craziness to the fact that both Eli and Josh had not been sleeping well that night - Eli had a terrible diaper rash - and we decided not to go to Ames and just stay home and try to recouperate.

Now we are doing well and are looking forward to starting a family music class on Wednesdays. Morgan is back to work, even going in early, and Book Club is starting up again, something I always look forward too.

I've got to go, Eli is calling for me through the baby monitor. Happy New Year!

2 comments:

Cheyenne said...

Happy New Year! I'm so glad you didn't brave the weather, it sounds amazingly bad! It was so nice to have you guys out for Christmas! We really enjoyed spending time with you!

Matthew and Alisha Palmer Family said...

Happy New Year to you guys! Your boys are growing up so fast, I can't believe how sweet Josh is! I didn't know you guys were coming out this summer! You'll have to email or call and let us know what you're planning. Horray!