Thursday, January 1, 2009

Happy New Year

Today is the first day of 2009. To me, years seem to go by pretty quickly now. I think part of it is because I don't really care. I'm not one to focus on my age, or especially aging one more year. Yes, I'm 26, next year I'll be 27, that's just the way it goes.

Anyway, we had a fun evening. We came down to Morgan's parents house and I decided to stay up until midnight. (I often go to bed earlier here, rather than stay up and talk.) But I knew we would be here for a few days and I would have time to nap if I wanted to. (They have a super dark basement and I am actually able to take naps:)!).

We ate a lot of food: pizza, soda, candy, chips and dip, sparkling juice, and more. We also played a great game of Puerto Rico (MORGAN WON for the first time in a while.) Then we watched the movie Hancock.

Now for my review. I actually really enjoyed this movie. I had heard that there was this "unbelievable" plot twist toward the end that just ruined the movie. I will have to disagree. The twist wasn't that 'out there' Morgan and I kind of guessed a fraction of it. There was definitely some effects that were over the top and didn't make sense, but this is an action flick...they thrive on catastrophe. Anyway, I would recommend this movie. It can make you think about right v. wrong, and how love can mean different things. Lots of fun.

2 comments:

bethellen said...

It sounds like a lot of fun; I'm sorry I missed it! That's ok, we'll have fun together some other time. I love you!

Caity said...

Sounds like my kind of New Years!