Thursday, January 8, 2009

Josh's First Haircut

Last night we gave Josh his first haircut. Morgan has been bugging me to let us cut it for some time now. I think he may have started talking about the haircut while we were still in the hospital after Josh was born. (Morgan is very in to haircuts.)

So after talking to Morgan and making sure that this was really more of a trim (using the scissors and not the buzzer part) I agreed. We've been meaning to cut it since we got back from Utah, but the timing was never quite right when both Morgan and I were home, free, and Josh was awake.

Here is the Before picture.

Eli was very interested in being a part of the process, we finally had to let him get in the tub too so he could stop climbing all over Morgan. I'm not sure it helped, though.


Here is a shot of Josh after the haircut. We just trimmed by his ears, his bangs (only a little) and cut the back so that it wouldn't be going over his collars.


You can't see this last picture very well, but this is Josh and Eli holding bags of their first haircuts. Josh's you can barely see the hair in it, but it was everything that I could pick up after cutting. Eli's hair is obvious and, believe it or not, that wasn't even all of his hair, just a few locks that I picked up from the floor. Granted, Eli was two months older when we cut it, but I think he was just a hairier baby.

4 comments:

Ron and Rachelle said...

the first cuts are always a little sad for me because it means they keep growing up and so does their hair. They look handsome though.

Jamie Ortega said...

I have been thinking about giving Isabella a hair cute too! But haven't got enough guts and the right time has not presented its self yet.

Jessica Sorensen said...

Addi is 9 months old and still doesn't have enough hair to cut why do the boys get all the hair?

Cheyenne said...

What cute boys! It's so fun for them to grow up, but it's so sad at the same time.