Thursday, May 24, 2012

Ear Infections Stink

Monday Noelle had a pretty high fever in the evening. Tuesday afternoon it was still there even though I had been giving her Tylenol. I decided to take her to the doctor Tuesday afternoon since she was so grumpy and uncomfortable.

It turns out that she had an ear infection in both ears. We got some medicines and started giving them to her.

Two days later we are still dealing with a grumpy, tired, clingy, and occasionally feverish baby girl.

I just want her to get better quickly. It is so hard to get anything done with a sick child. I think the hardest part for me is that she does not want me to feed her any more now either. Today I tried to give her applesauce for a snack and she had a fit, throwing her head back into the chair.

At lunch I just put her food on a plate and gave it to her. It was the most peaceful meal we have had in a while, but I can never know how much she eats since so much of it ends up on the floor and in her seat.

I feel more stressed out about her eating since she had her one year appointment. She weight 16.7 pounds. At nine months she weight 16 pounds. She is a skinny little girl, in the 1st Percentile. Our doctor isn't worried because she continues to get taller and her head is still growing. But just knowing she is on the skinny side makes me concerned that she is getting enough nutrients and enough to eat.

I am sure that it will all be alright in the end. We just have to push through these phases one day at a time. And always look forward to bedtime.