Wednesday, April 28, 2010

Josh's New Bed

We decided that along with a new house, new room, Joshua was also going to get a New Toddler Bed. The real reason for this decision was that the crib he was using, was recalled, and duct taped. (It was taped together in places other than the affected recall area, so even if we got the replacement recall parts it would still be broken.)

Morgan thought that if we took the crib apart (which we would have to, to get it out of their bedroom) there would be no way to put it back together.

We have had some offers to borrow cribs, and he is quite young to change. I think Eli was a year older before we switched him. But we are going to try this for now.

So we've borrowed a toddler bed and Joshua's first night was the night we moved in, which was crazy and late to begin with. Saturday I tried to give him a nap in his bed. It didn't work out so well.

Joshua's bed.

Joshua.



I was able to get him to take a nap in my bed with me, which was fine with me...I just needed him to nap!

Sunday was a no nap day, I didn't want to deal with it, and real nap time would be during church so I just didn't bother.

Monday I had him take a nap in his pack-n-play which worked great. Monday night he kept trying to get into Eli's bed and just generally having a hard time. So I put him back in his pack-n-play. He was not happy and cried and screamed. I went in there after a little while to sing to him again, and he points to his bed and says bed. So I put him in his bed and he sleeps wonderfully.
Tuesday he takes a nap in his bed. Great. Tuesday night, another hard night. Shannon was putting the boys in their beds because Morgan and I were cleaning Randolph house. Josh didn't want to sleep in his bed or pack-n-play so Shannon finally just put him in the pack-n-play.
When we got home we moved him to his bed to make him more comfortable, and get more used to it.
Now I've put away the pack-n-play and we'll try just the bed. Hopefully it will all work out.

No comments: