Thursday, December 24, 2009

Mother of the Year Part II

Today I get the mother of the year award for 2 reasons. First, we were having a meal and Eli said he wanted more orange juice. I hand his juice to him and tell him that I think he already has some (by which I mean that I know he's got juice in his cup.) He says to me, "No I don't mom, see" grabs his cup and points it at me to show me which of course spills ALL of the juice out and onto my clothes.
Second - Josh has been cranky all this vacation at Grandma and Grandpas. He hasn't been napping to well, always seems tired or hungry, just cries all the time and wants Mom. Just a pain. So its not getting better and we are trying to decide to we go get some baby medicine for him in case he has an ear infection. Turns out he's getting 2 new molars. At Christmas.
So I'm mother of the year because I have been really patient with my boys and chosen to not freak out at them and get mad at them for things that aren't really their fault. So yes, I'm saying I'm good for doing as I should, but it would be so easier to get mad.
Life is crazy!

1 comment:

bethellen said...

yes, this does make you mom of the year. congrats! i love you!