Friday, December 11, 2009

Being Thankful

They boys and I have not left the house since Tuesday morning. First with the snow storm, and as a result of that I have been letting Morgan take the van to work and seminary (our car doesn't start very well in the cold). But, somehow I was in the right mind frame to be able to be cooped up in the house with the boys and not go crazy. At least, not really crazy.

In the meantime I have been able to finish making the Bavarian mints (I still have to make more turtles, but that is for later), I've addressed most of our Christmas cards, and today I made 6 bags of freezer apple pie filling.

So, I am thankful that I have been able to be productive and generally happy during this snowed in season. It may have helped that I've got two parties to look forward to this weekend, the church party and then Morgan's work party (which means we get a babysitter - Horray Mara!)

Anyway, I just thought I'd let the world know that we're doing well, and are happy about it.

1 comment:

Matthew and Alisha Palmer Family said...

I can't believe all that snow. I get freezing cold just thinking about it. Brrr....... I am amazed at your domesticity! I just wish you were close enough that we could partake in the chocolates!!! :) Glad you all are doing well!