Monday, December 21, 2009

I am a Hero

Yes, it is true, I am a hero. Today I saved a life (presumably). We were coming home from grocery shopping going inside to unload our purchases and to let Eli go to the bathroom when I heard a racket down by our window. I look down and see a bird stuck in the little window covering. I'm not sure how long he had been down there, there were some cracks, but it was mostly covered in snow which has been here for a week.

So I cleared the snow of the cover and tried to lift it up with my shoe, didn't want to get too close to the bird. He fluttered around in there for a while and I tried again. This time he made his break for freedom. He flew up to a branch on one of the trees and he began shouting at the bird "You're welcome bird. You're welcome!" Then he flew off and we commenced our unloading. But Eli kept telling me how glad he was that we could help the bird and wanted to know how he got stuck there in the first place. I had no idea.

And here is a little note from Eli.

l9ihyberteee3aasw3ewd3esw
'';p;.;p[/p.iombvcers

From Eli" I love daddy. We love going shopping.
Josh says: Hi -ya . oh.

1 comment:

Stephanie said...

hi-ya. oh. back atcha! Way to save the little birdie, Melis!