Wednesday, April 8, 2009

Movie Reviews

INDIANA JONES AND THE KINGDOM OF THE CRYSTAL SKULL

I thought this movie was great for a evening of mindless entertainment - which is really what I usually want from a movie anyway. I had heard reviews saying the film was really stupid - Indy survives a nuclear blast by hiding in a refridgerator, etc.
But as I was telling Morgan last night, when these movies first came out he was probably a 12 year old boy. I thought this movie would be highly enjoyed by a 12 year old boy today. Sure, Speilburg and Lucas may have made it just for the money, and the plot isn't that great (there isn't really a surprise at the end of the movie, everything is really spelled out from the get-go). Yet a a money-maker, they were smart and got the same cast (I really liked the love-interest from Raiders of the Lost Ark.)

All in all, I enjoyed this film and will someday try to own all of the Indiana Jones movies.


THE SECRET LIFE OF BEES


This movie is not about mindless entertainment. It is based on the novel by Sue Monk Kidd. I did read the book beforehand and basically enjoyed it. I thought the movie would be much different because the book had a lot of spirituality in it. And while most of the spirituality was taken from the movie they actually stayed quite true to the book and the feeling of the story.
It was fun to see another all-star cast, they did a great job. I really enjoy watching Queen Latifah. Now that I think about it I realize that the story/plot is depressing, but the movie isn't. It seems like it is all about finding out who you are and looking for the silver lining. Because everybody wants to be loved.

2 comments:

Cheyenne said...

Hey! I got a little behind on the blogs so I've got comment for a few:) I LOVE the kid quiz! It's so adorable the things kids come up with! I liked the Indy movie to and I've wanted to see the bee one, but I haven't read the book...should I read it first?
I love the stroller too! It looks so comfy and nice I want to go for a ride!
And good luck on the potty, it'll go great I'm sure!

Ann-Marie Photography said...

I've seen both the movies and i have to say I agree with you...you are so smart! :0) Gosh I miss the days when we used to eat a whole bag of chips, not gain an ounce, and watcho old movies. Those were good time...