Friday, April 17, 2009

Dear Morgan,

You're right, I'm wrong. You're big, I'm small. You're smart, I'm dumb. etc. etc. etc.

Morgan has been the one to really push toilet teaching. So much so that he wanted Eli to stop wearing diapers at night. I was very hesitant about this and thought we should wait until Eli was at least 3. Morgan won the battle, mostly because I knew that if it didn't work we could always get more diapers, and secondly because Morgan was willing to be the one getting up with Eli.

So last night we put Eli in a pj shirt and underwear - no pullups on top or anything. Before we went to bed around 10pm we woke Eli and had him use the bathroom. I am happy to announce that Eli stayed dry all night. I'm kind of surprised it worked the first night, but we'll keep on trying with this and see how it goes.

4 comments:

Jamie Ortega said...

Thats wonderful! Maybe we should try the same thing.

Hartson family said...

Yeah Eli!

Cheyenne said...

He's getting to be such a little man! It's so crazy how fast they grow! Where did you get the pictures done; they're adorable!

Caity said...

Don't feel bad! Joel was the first one to brave putting Em and Tanner in undies at night. The thought terrified me and I was always like, "Joel...they're going to wet the bed and guess who gets to clean it...ME!" but he too, was right.