Friday, September 5, 2008

September 9th

I had another doctors appointment today. Everything is looking good, my body is getting ready for labor and delivery we just have to wait. They did a non-stress test to make sure that the baby was fine (he is). So right now the plan is to have me go into the hospital on the morning of September 9th to be induced if the baby does not come by then.

Before the doctors appointment I was kind of stressing about what to say to the doctor and how to figure out what the plan was going to be as far as me being over due. I'm seeing a family practitioner resident as my OB so I didn't really think that they had a set "plan" for how to deal with this. But after the exam the doctor went to 'staff' the information and then he came back in and was like - how is your schedule for Tuesday, okay we'll get your induction scheduled for then. So Morgan and I didn't really have a say in it...I'm sure that if we objected they would have listened and we could have talked about everything but I feel good about having this scheduled at this time.

Of course now that we have a "at the latest" date I am starting to feel that maybe the baby will come early. And by early I mean late, but before Tuesday. I'd rather have things start naturally and then take the Pitocin to help it go more quickly but I'm fine with this too.

Sorry if this post is kind of weird and nonsensical. What can I say, I am a loopy 9 month pregnant woman with a 2 year old. And even before I was pregnant I don't think I made much sense.
We'll get pictures posted as soon as we can though so you can see our new addition.

1 comment:

Ann-Marie Photography said...

I'm so sorry you are overdue, well at least this much (since you after all did want to wait until after the holiday) But how miserable. Hopefully the baby will come on it's own. Although I don't know if not feeling any labour pains is such a bad thing :0) My oldest, levi is turning four on the 10th, just think we could both have birthdays to celebrate that day. Except when your baby will turn four, mine will turn eight, YIKES!!! We are getting old!