Saturday, September 27, 2008

New Calling Nerves

I have a new calling. I am the new Primary Chorister. I am very excited about this but very nervous too.
The positive:
1. I love Primary
2. I love Primary Songs
3. I love to sing
4. A counselor in the Primary presidency is going to take care of the program (in 3 weeks) so I don't have to.

The things I nervous about:
1. I don't sing very well...I'm not good at staying on tune, and anything above the first G above middle C requires my falsetto voice.
2. I don't sing very loud. Every Primary chorister I have ever sing is always able to sing louder than the kids - it is sort of a requirement so that they can hear you and follow you.

So there are just those 2 things that have got me worried. The worst part is that I don't really know how to fix them. I wish I sang better...I have always dreamed of having a nice voice but it isn't really a reality.
AAAHHH!!!
I did order the Childrens Songbook songs on CD yesterday so hopefully they will come before too long so I can work on memorizing a lot of the songs. I also want to see if the Primary already has any music props/helps for the kids. I need to read the info online LDS.org and see what suggestions they have for me.
Anyway, wish me luck. I'm going to need it.

1 comment:

Jessica Sorensen said...

You sing better than I do and they are just kids they don't know.