Monday, August 11, 2008

Toddler Bed



With the new baby coming Morgan has wanted to get Eli a toddler bed. I think the reason that he has been so interested in this is so that the baby can have the crib and not have an excuse for him to be in our room in the basinet for very long.
This last Saturday we decided to check out the local garage sales. We had a list of things that we wouldn't mind buying if they were cheap - and yes the toddler bed was on that list. Everywhere we went was pretty disappointing. We did find some board books for Eli and a folding chair for Morgan to take disc golfing. And finally at the last place we stopped we saw a toddler bed.
The family had only had girls, and at first glance the bed does look like it belongs to a girl, but the price was right so we decided to buy it.
Morgan spent some time Saturday afternoon cleaning it off and then we set it up in Eli's bedroom and put his crib mattress in it. He slept great that night. When we went in the next morning to check on him he was just playing in his room.
Sunday's nap time didn't work so well. He stayed in his room but I don't know if he slept at all. We weren't too concerned about this because we try to put him down earlier than usual on Sundays because of our church time and he never really seems to do well. Sunday night he slept great again.
And now today....well its nap time and I think he might be sleeping. It took about 10 minutes of us telling him to go back into his room and lie down but I think Morgan finally convinced him to try to sleep. Hopefully this will be a smooth transition. Now that we are doing it I am glad that this is happening before the baby gets here - one less thing I have to do on less sleep.

3 comments:

bethellen said...

Wow. Eli in a toddler bed. I know I just saw him a couple of weeks ago, but he seems bigger since then. He is so cute. And your hair is super cute, too. I need to get mine cut. Anyway, I need to go, but I love you all!!!!

Street Fam said...

Hey Melissa,

I like your new blog. I think the toddler bed is cute. I love white furniture these days. Hope all is swell in IA!

Stephanie Green said...

twinner- OLEA has the same toddler bed!! She loves it.