Monday, August 25, 2008

Still Waiting

Perhaps many of my faithful readers were hoping that this long absence between posts was not vindicative of my boring life, but rather because I had been laid up in the hospital for two days enjoying the birth of our next child. So was I.

However we are still waiting for our next son to be born. (I say that with 99% positivity, until he is born there is a chance that it could be a girl.) Its not like I am past my due date, September 2nd: 8 days to go. I am just ready to have the baby here, have my stomach not stick out 3 extra feet and be able to move a little quicker and with better balance.

I've already bought some newborn diapers, got all of our baby clothes out and ready to be used. I'm not quite finished packing the hospital bag. Lots of the things I need to take are things I'm still using. So I have to figure out how to make sure I remember it all when the time finally does come. Of course, if this labor is anything like last time I will have most of the day to wait for the contractions to get close enough that the hospital will admit me.

So right now my goal is to have patience. I don't want to be spending the next week plus just wishing that I were in the hospital having the baby and wondering if every time I get uncomfortable or am in a little pain if it is the start of my contractions. This post is sort of my good-bye to anxiety over when the baby is coming. The only thing I am not really sure how I will deal with is if the baby is late. My labor with Eli started exactly on my due date and he was born 30 minutes after the "date" was over. Technically you could say he was right on time. What I am going to do, or feel if Cochise is not quite so precise, I just don't know. I guess even then I'll just have to pray for patience.

1 comment:

Ann-Marie Photography said...

I know what it feels like...GET THAT BABY HERE!!!! I'm so excited for you. I can't believe you will be having two boys just like me. I will be checking your blog anxiously.