Saturday, August 16, 2008

High Speed Resignation

We haven't had too much going on these past few days. The most exciting thing luckily had nothing to do with us. A few days a go we heard sirens and the sound of tires squeeling. I was in the living room and saw a white car go speeding down the road with a police car following shortly thereafter. Morgan thinks that they had to be going at least 55mph. We found out from a nearby neighbor that they crashed not to much farther by running into a fire hydrant. The car had been stolen and the passenger was arrested for having a weapon on her. Craziness, craziness!

I have also decided/realized that I don't really like my haircut. The bob is just not for me. I told Morgan that it makes me feel sort of like Ramona Quimby (if you remember the books - she never looked very good on the cover.) I am almost tempted to go have it cut shorter but I don't think I will. Hopefully my hair won't take too long to grow out and it won't look quite like this for very long. Plus I'm not sure how I could have it cut so that it would look good without doing a lot of layers which will just make it take even longer to grow out again. I am resigned.

We are getting to know our ward better, or at least Morgan is. Several weeks ago an announcement was made in Elders Quorum asking for people to volunteer ideas and expertise for Young Men ideas. Once the Bar Exam was finished Morgan told them he could take them disc golfing. They set up the activity for this last Tuesday. It was a combined activity and Morgan said they had a lot of fun. (They picked up trash while they played to make it also a service activity.) I was happy to hear from Morgan that the girls played better than the boys. They paid attention and tried to get the form correct rather than just relying on brute strength and were able to out throw the boys and get some good distance.

Today Morgan is with the Young Men/Scouts again. When he was talking with the leaders on Tuesday they mentioned that they needed another adult to come with them today to Minneapolis for an activity at an amusement park. Morgan was already planning on doing some cleaning and help people move with the Elders Quorum. The Young Men called him the next day and told him they couldn't find anyone else and asked if he would come.

The funny thing is, is that Morgan probably would have rather stayed here. They left at 6am and don't expect to get back until 11pm. He was asked to drive since our van gets good gas mileage (so no sleeping during the travel). And he doesn't really care for amusement/water parks. If he had stayed he would have done some work, but he also probably would have gone disc golfing. I'm sure that he will have had fun and gotten to know the young men and their leaders better.

Well I need to go, the banana bread is beeping and it won't go off until I push the button.

No comments: