Tuesday, December 11, 2012

Window Projects

Normally Morgan and I don't have any window treatments in our living room. We like having as much natural light as possible. However, now that it is cold and dark so early I wanted to put some curtains up. But I'm pretty cheap, so this is how I did it.


1. I used the old curtains that used to hang in the house.

2. I bought tension rods to put the curtains on.

3.  I sewed a strip for the tension rod to go through.  The curtains had a weird way to be connected and I threw all of its old pieces away. I needed a new way.



4. The first curtain was too heavy for the tension rod (it went all the way down to the floor). So I cut off  about two feet from it to lighten the load.


This is before the curtain was cut. 
5. I did a quick, roll-over sew to make the bottom nice and smooth, although it isn't straight or anything.


6. I put up all of the curtains and this is the finished product!




I think it looks pretty good. The dusty pink works fine with our green walls, and this is only going to up during the winter months. 

No comments: