Tuesday, December 11, 2012

Health

I try to get all of my exercising done before the kids get up in the morning. Noelle especially loves to try and climb on me when I am doing push-ups or anything else on the floor. Although sometimes she will 'exercise' with me, which is pretty fun to see.  Eli and Josh like to get in on the action too.


Noelle has got her leg up doing a leg lift too. She is also Grunting with exertion.


I have also been following along with the Lifetime Wellness Challenge. It is awesome and I would recommend it to anyone looking to lose weight or just get healthier.  I am thinking of officially doing the challenge again in January.

Anyway, this is my After shot from this past 8-week challenge. I was following a maintenance track after reaching my goal weight of 140 pounds. I was able to maintain my weight the whole time, although I did reach a new all-time low of 138, but that was a 1 day thing.





My personal goal during this challenge was to maintain my weight and to try a new exercise video every week. I did that, even though some weeks it was a struggle to want to do something new. I learned that I love Jillian Michaels because her work outs don't talk down to you and they work whether you are a brand-new beginner, or someone who has been doing them for a while.

I also learned that it is important to start with the most basic instruction of Tae-Bo. I had a beginner tape, but not the instructional video and it was difficult not knowing how to properly do the moves.

My reward for reaching my goal is to take Morgan out to see Les Miserables in the theater. I am thinking of making him go Christmas day, right when it opens. Then again, I hate to make people work on Christmas so I'll probably do it a different day.

Now that the challenge is over I want to train for a Triathlon. I found one that will be May 4th in Waverly and I really want to do it. It has an indoor swim of 300m, a 15-mile bike ride and then a 5K run. I've done long bike rides before, and I have run a practice 5K, so swimming is the only part that I am concerned about....other than putting all three activities together. I think it will be a lot of fun though and I look forward to the challenge. 




Morgan has been doing the challenge as well. He is looking good!

5 comments:

Teresa Larsen said...

Melissa you look amazing I was doing really good lost 20 pounds then my life became very stressful and had challenges. So then I gained everything back. So I think I will do some of your recommendations. I'm so ready to get back in shape now that my life has settled down. But you look awesome. Good work.

Morgan Lasley said...

You look supa sexy, baby!

Unknown said...

That is awesome! You are kind of my inspiration. Of course, I can't start anything now, but hopefully in the next few weeks I'll be able to get myself on the right track. Good work! Keep it up!

Krista said...

Seriously...you have done amazing! You keep me going when I want to just kaput! Thanks for all your motivation!

Jordan and Leslie said...

You are awesome!! I did a triathlon and it was my favorite event I've done. You will love it!!