Saturday, February 12, 2011

Saturday

Today has been rough. Its been okay too, but Morgan has been gone all day at a disc golf tournament. I know, it is Winter, there is 2 feet of snow out there, but it is in the 30's today, so that's not so bad. I am glad Morgan is getting out to play, he spends all of this free-time working on the bathroom, and hasn't played disc in over two months.

But Saturdays are the days when I get to share responsibility of watching the boys, instead it is like a regular day. The worst part was that the boys woke up at 6am (Thanks though to Shannon who watched them while she did laundry so I could stay in bed), but I knew that they did not get enough rest and today was going to be rough. It seemed all morning Eli was crying or whining about something. Things picked up towards mid-day when I took them to the library.

Thankfully I put a movie on and Josh is taking a nap. I'm letting Eli play the Wii right now, but I don't really have any motivation to get anything done. I've already finished all but one load of the laundry but nothing is pulling me to do. I can't plan anything fun to do tonight because Morgan is planning on putting the last of the grout in the tile in the bathroom. I'm not in the mood to watch any movies or TV, I just finished a book and nothing sounds good. It is bright outside, but not sunny.

How do I get out of this funk?

2 comments:

Jessica Sorensen said...

sounds like me all the time. Let me know how you get out. Music helps me sometimes.

Unknown said...

I spent most of the day yesterday cooking, which totally satisfied my need to create and do something productive. It was actually a nice little stress reliever, even though I was cooking a million things at once. I know that there are some of us (including ME) that can't cook all the time or we will become 500 lbs, but try giving your cooking away. We made cake balls for a friend and took a pie to Wade's parents house (and left it there). Plus, it feels really nice to do nice things for other people. :) I love you. You are awesome!!!