Saturday, October 24, 2009

Movie Reviews

Here we go again... a short review of some of the movies we've seen lately.

MONSTERS VS ALIENS
Great movie. It was really fun. Eli and Josh even stayed awake to watch it and had a good time. It did have some adult jokes - specifically (I think) about Ginormica the giant woman. But I was too focused on the fun kid story to really pay attention to little side jokes.


WOLVERINE - X-MEN ORIGINS
I actually enjoyed this movie more than I thought it would. I should have expected to like it, because I enjoy the regular X-Men movies, but for some reason I thought this was mostly just a made for $$$ film. But the story was really good and it has made me want to watch the future movies again to view them with a greater idea of what the 'past' was.


RACE TO WITCH MOUNTAIN
A fun flick. Too advanced for my boys, lots of explosions and mean government people. It was not just a 'remake' of the previous film, but definitely based on it. Morgan was expecting there to be some sort of twist or a-ha moment in the film. Instead it is just straight forward and predictable (Which I don't necessarily think is a bad thing.)


The verdict: Watch all of these movies.

No comments: