Tuesday, October 6, 2009

Blog, Facebook, Twitter

I have been a blog person for a couple of years now, first on a MAC blog, and now on a blogspot one. I only got on Facebook because I wanted to get invited to my 10 year high school reunion (we left Utah right before the 5 year) and I wanted a way for who ever is in charge of it to find me. It is only recently that I have started checking it regularly and commenting, although I am trying not to get involved in all of the quizzes or games they have on it.
As for Twitter, I'm not really interested and don't imagine following it - mostly because I don't have time and don't have a cell phone I use regularly or would want to pay for receiving the texts.

What I have realized is that these are all the same things just with slightly different formats. The blog is the most solid, it is sitting there on the Inter-Web and people can see your pictures, read your thoughts and make comments if they want. You can make it invite only - but you don't really know who is actually reading it.

Facebook is a mini-blog. You write your little sentence and send it out to the world. The upside to this is that your friends all see what you say (unless they have hidden you) and you see what your friends say, one place and you've got it all.

Twitter - as I understand it is another mini-blog, but you can sign up for who you want to hear from and will get the texts on your phone, a constant update of information.

So I will continue my blog, posting my pictures and writing my thoughts. I'll occasionally check out Facebook, but stay off the games and other addictive applications, and I'm going to try to stay away from Twitter. Because with my personality I can see myself signing up for Ashton Kucher and reading about how he ate a ham and egg fritatta for breakfast - and really I don't need to know that.





But in case you were wondering I had corn flakes and a spoonful of chunky peanut butter for breakfast.

2 comments:

meghan said...

The last part of your post made me laugh...don't we all want to know what Ashton has for breakfast!!

Cheyenne said...

Agreed on the twitter, I have a love hate relationship with Facebook. I don't have time to do both that and blog, but I try too...grrr. Oh well it's nice to hear little snippets of people's days :) Miss you!!