Sunday, September 20, 2009

What because? Why?

Eli is learning. And as such he would always ask us, "What because?" A week ago Morgan decided that it was time to teach Eli the correct way to speak/ask and so whenever he would ask us using that phrase, we would try and get him to use Why? instead.

Why did we do that?

Now Eli is constantly asking Why? It really is like those movies with kids never ending, always saying one little word. Why? Why? Why? Sometimes I will ask him why what? to try and get him to tell me exactly what it is he is wondering about.

But since we want Eli to learn that he can always come to us for any questions that he is we have to start now answering his questions even if it is the same thing over and over, why is the sky blue? etc.
I will admit that sometimes, especially if I am driving in the car, I will just ignore the question, try to distract him by pointing out flags, or tell him that I can't talk right then since I am driving. But hopefully I don't put him off too often, because he sure is cute!

No comments: