Friday, September 11, 2009

Eating

It has been an interesting experience having two boys. Before when it was just Eli I would see other boys his age and think that the reasons they were different were because they had different parents with different styles. For instance, Eli wasn't really a play in the dirt sort of kid for the first bit, while on the other hand his friend Isaac was fearless when it came to dirt and mud.

Now raising Eli and Josh (and I believe I am still pretty much the same) I can see the differences in their personalities. Eli was happy to have Morgan or I feed him and continues to ask us to help him even though he is completely able with his utensils. Josh on the other hand has started refusing food if I am giving it to him on a spoon, but if I set it in front of him he eats away. Right now he is munching on hot dogs. :)
J will still let me feed him his cereal in the morning but I'm not sure how long it will last. Last night at dinner we were in a hurry so I let Josh 'help' me with the spoon and that got him to eat some of his food faster.

I think part of it may be the second child aspect. Josh walked sooner than Eli did because he saw E walking all of the time and wanted to keep up with him. Josh sees Eli (mostly) feeding himself so he wants to do it too.

I love being a mother!

No comments: