Tuesday, September 29, 2009

Survivor vs. The Amazing Race

I love reality TV. I think it is so fun and there are many shows that I would love to be one...as well as reasons for each show as to why it would really be impossible for me to do it.

We don't get TV so anything that we watch has to be popular enough to get on the internet where I can watch it. This wonderfully limits me from watching stupid things like Blind Date.

Anyway, Survivor has always been a big favorite of mine - Morgan doesn't care for it. I enjoy The Amazing Race but was never an avid follower. As it is, I usually watch Survivor during naptime while I am exercising.

I have been trying to be a happier/better/more Christlike person and I'm not sure if I should keep watching Survivor. I enjoy the strategy and challenges, but there is just so much meanness and lying - especially this season. We were talking with friends and they mentioned that The Amazing Race was going to be starting again this week and I thought maybe I should make that my new reality TV show.

So I watched the first half of the premier last night and am getting ready to go exercise and watch the last half right now. I was going to read the recaps of Survivor but I think that will just tempt me to watch it too. So my plan is to not watch any Survivor this season and hopefully not read any recaps and just enjoy myself with The Amazing Race. I will say that I know TAR is not always bubbly, etc. but it seems that the teams that work the best together and are happiest usually do well. Sometimes not, but it is more about doing your best rather than hurting someone else.

Wish me luck!

3 comments:

bethellen said...

Good luck. Love you!

Melinda said...

I also love reality shows, although I haven't been able to watch any for a while. I agree with Survivor, sometimes it's hard to feel ok about watching it. But I love Amaing Race. It does have some arguing and strategy but the point of the show is teams working together to reach a goal rather than Survivor where they are all just out for blood. Good luck!

Cheyenne Poulson said...

I'm a reality junky too. I stopped watching survivor just before the season finale last season because I just couldn't stand the meaness. I do have a suggestion though, Top Chef. It's chef's cooking on the fly and they are usually in random teams for each event so they help each other, but then are alone for judging. I love to watch cooking shows and it's fun to see crazy creations. Sorry for the novel. Good luck with the survivor avoiding!