Wednesday, August 19, 2009

Lawnmowing

Yesterday I mowed the lawn for the first time in my life. Crazy I know, I'm 27 and had never mowed a lawn before. I grew up with 4 brothers, 2 older and 2 younger, there was never a need for me to mow the lawn. I may have pushed a lawnmower for like 10 seconds, but yesterday I did the whole yard by myself.

I told Morgan recently that I would like to try mowing the lawn - try something for the first time, see what all the complaining is about. (Not Morgan complaining, but general lawn mowing complaining.)

Last night Morgan got the lawn mower all ready for me, showed me how it worked and sent me on my way. I half way expected him to come get the mower after I did the front lawn and do the rest himself (I still have knight in shining-armor ideas) but he and the boys did other yard work and I mowed the front, back and sides. It wasn't the best job, the lawn still needs edging, but I am proud of myself.

I may even mow the lawn again in the future, in fact you can count on that. After all I had a good hour or so when I couldn't hear my boys complain or whine at all!
But I had no idea that my hands would fall asleep, I think it took over an hour before they were feeling like themselves again!

2 comments:

Melinda said...

Go Melissa!! I actually enjoy mowing the lawn. There's something strangely satisfying about it. Plus you have something with not being able to hear kids. Maybe that's why I like it.

Jessica Sorensen said...

I mowed a lawn for the first time this summer too. I mowed own lawn in Iowa before we left. Wasn't bad but wouldn't want to do it all the time.