Sunday, May 24, 2009

Star Trek


I'm not the best at getting images, but this weekend we've been hanging out with Morgans family and his dad mentioned he wanted to take Shari to the see the new Star Trek and wanted to see if we wanted to come and leave our boys with Dan and Ginny. It is hard to turn down free babysitting so we went with them.

I have never been a Star Trek fan. I don't think I have ever seen an entire episode/movie of anything Star Trek. I didn't really have anything against it, but I also didn't think that it had anything going for it.

I REALLY enjoyed this movie. It was great. I realize that if I knew more about the beginning Star Trek that the characters would make more sense to me, I would probably have gotten a few more of the subtleties. But I was satisfied with the movie as it was.

Now for the question, should you try and see this in the theater or wait for it to come out on video. I don't know. I enjoyed it in the theater but I don't really think it was necessary.

No comments: