Tuesday, December 2, 2008

O Tannenbaum

This is our 6th Christmas together, and this is our second or third tree. We've never gotten a tree when we were planning on crossing the country for Christmas, never got one while we've been living in Iowa, and may have only had one one year when we were in Provo.

I will admit, this Christmas tree is also fake. I am okay with that. Number one, I don't have to worry (as much) about my kids swallowing parts of the tree, is is much less messy, it will not die, no water necessary, simple to set up, and it came pre-lit. Not too shabby if you ask me.

So last night for Family Home Evening we had a lesson on Christmas and the birth of Christ and then set up the tree for our activity. Today during nap-time I set up most of the other Christmas decorations. I love the feeling that this season gives me. Just having the tree set up started little butterfly's of joy hopping in stomach.

Horray for Christmas!

2 comments:

Cheyenne said...

Your tree looks great! We can't wait to see you guys for Christmas!!!

Hartson family said...

Glad to see you gave in and put up a tree. I go for artificial too. I hate to think of real trees dying for Christmas. Though, I love the smell and atmosphere a real tree gives. Merry Christmas!