Wednesday, December 3, 2008

New Template

Yes, I changed my template. No, its not super cool either. I admit, I only use the templates that blogspot offers. I look at everyone else's blogs and see their pretty backgrounds, constantly changing to fit with the seasons and I realize that it can't be too difficult.

I have two problems. One, I don't know how to get some of the really cool backgrounds. I found one place from my S-I-L's blog but you have to pay and I am way too cheap for that. And second, I like that my blog comes up really quickly and doesn't take a long time to load because it is trying to find the pretty backgrounds.

(Just so you know, I picked green to fit with Christmas. Smart of me, eh?)

5 comments:

Melinda said...

If you ever want to try to be fancy, I use thecutestblogontheblock.com
I use the free backgrounds and they are pretty easy to load. But yours looks cute the way it is.

Jamie Ortega said...

This is a great and sight for backgrounds www.thecutestblogontheblock.com Super easy, they walk you through everything and they are free! Good Luck

Megan said...

I make my own backgrounds (and headers) from my digital scrapbooking stuff by just storing the image online and then plugging it into the HTML code. Let me know if you ever want to give it a try because I'd be happy to help! It's really fun and easier than you might think.

Stephanie said...

I haven't had luck with the ready-made backgrounds. And "they're tacky and I hate them!" (name the movie...) So I just found some free scrapbook "paper" and used the instructions at this site:

http://sjhblogdesign.blogspot.com/

Seems daunting to look at it, but it's easy to understand. And seriously...if I can do it - you totally can. It's mostly copying and pasting in your html. Good luck!

Jessica Sorensen said...

I have some links on my blog that you can get free templates. I have also made my own. The cutest blog on the blog has easier intructions on how to make your own under blog secrets