Thursday, December 11, 2008

Eli Says...

Today I was sneaking some skittles. Eli sees me.

Eli: Eli candy.
(I go to the kitchen to try and distract him. I see his partially eaten candy cane.)
Me: Eli, you can have a piece of your candy cane.
Eli: No mom. No candy cane. Put it away.
(Thus ends the requests for candy.)


Today again...I have Josh on my lap putting him to sleep. Eli is watching a Baby Einstein movie.
I get up to take Josh to his bed.

Eli, seeing me: Time to read a book, HORRAY!
(Really, how could I argue with that, so we read books.)


Monday: Family Home Evening.
I was giving a lesson on Christ's birth.

Eli: Eli give lesson. (Goes and gets the new Nursery manual (AWESOME by the way!)
(opens it to the lesson on prayer.) Holds it up so that Morgan and I can see the pictures.
Eli: Heavenly Father, thank you day, name of Jesus Christ Amen. This picture girl pray, boy pray. In Jesus Christ Amen.


I'm sure there are other funny things that Eli has said, I just can't remember them now.

3 comments:

Megan said...

He is such a cutie! How sweet!

Hartson family said...

You guys are doing such a great job! Sounds like Eli is really learning a lot.
P.S. You need to do a better job hiding the candy! He's never supposed to see you sneak it. :)

Stephanie Green said...

Isn't it so fun when thay can talk and the things they say are so hilarious! It is amazing how fast kids learn -good and bad:)