Friday, October 10, 2008

Horray! Poop!

(This picture was taken after the following story...obviously-no one goes to the bathroom with pants on. At least not effectively.)
I know that being excited about poop is not really a normal thing. I also realize that I am celebrating the beginning of a long and probably gross phase, but once it is over I am going to be really happy.
Anyway, this morning I was getting ready to give Josh a bath and Eli (who had been playing loudly in the kitchen) suddenly became mostly silent, with a few grunts. I asked him if he was going poop, he said yes. I decided to wait to give Josh his bath until I had changed Eli's diaper - no need to keep the smell around. So Eli climbs onto our poop-deck (the changing table) and tells me he wants to sit on the potty. So I clean him off and we go to the bathroom so he can sit on the toilet. Lo and behold, he went some more.
This is the first time that Eli has said he wanted to sit on the potty and actually accomplished his goal. After he was done we put his new diaper on then I felt this needed to be recorded for history. I had Eli sit on the potty and shout Horray. I think we are both pretty excited.

P.S. I found costumes for the boys and an idea for mine, but you will have to wait and see what it is.

2 comments:

bethellen said...

Does this story go in the file of "You know you're a mom when..."? I think so. Congrats to the little man. :)

Caity said...

Yeah Eli!!! That is great news!