Tuesday, October 7, 2008

Halloween Worries

(Wearing a eye patch at Grandma and Grandpa's house this weekend)

I don't know what to have Eli be for Halloween. We don't have any costumes his size for him to wear. He doesn't "LOVE" or really desire to be any one thing...in fact he doesn't really even understand the concept of Halloween. He knows we have decorations up, but that is about the extent of it.
I want to go get him a costume but I wish it were easier than it is. The Walmart and Target sections are so crazy, and I think I want him to try it on before I buy it. Also, I want to have something that can be seen while he is Trick or Treating and that he can be warm in as well. Finally I sort of feel that he should be something that roars - mostly because he loves to roar/growl and I think it would be cute. I don't want to dress him up as a bug and have him roaring all the time.
I guess I just need to go to some of the stores and see what I can find.
As far as Josh goes, we do have a couple of bunting-type costumes that he could wear, but I think they will be very big on him so I am tempted to buy him something new to wear too.

2 comments:

Jessica Sorensen said...

he should be a lion. It is warm, light colored and it roars.

Caity said...

If I remember correctly, Old Navy has a very cute dinosaur costume. A lion would be pretty cute too. I am amazed though at how quickly they pick up the Halloween concept. You may be surprised. After Em and Tanner figured out it was all about getting candy, they've been talking about it for the past year. No joke. They can't wait.